Thursday 3 April 2014

OOTD: FLOWERS OF ORIENT










I realize it's been shamefully long since I last posted, but sometimes life simply gets in the way. However, I wanted to return with a bang-hence the blindingly bold colors featured in today's outfit of the day. First and foremost, lets not ignore the obvious- the coat. I picked up this eye-poppingly wonderful creation at River Island, I saw it online originally and it had my name written all over it. The clashing of the prints and colors works so well in this case and I love the slouchy over-sized fit. I don't know if it shows in the photos, but it has this light quilting all over and the material is 'scuba' like and light therefore perfect for these spring months.  

I couldn't have found a more perfect necklace-jacket-shirt combination if I tried. This stunning floral statement necklace is bold and beautiful and screams spring/summer. I purchased it from Topshop last summer and I have struggled to style it, but with this outfit, it just fits. I love the way the floral print on the jacket works with the necklace... if it wasn't already obvious, I adore florals. I found this shirt a couple of years ago on a trip to Murcia in Spain, and I can't remember for the life of me what the name of the store was, but I'm sure there are similar blouses around. I thought the two-tone pink and red was unusual and the outfit adopted a very oriental color palette with the florals on the jacket exuding a Japanese style. 

I kept the rest of the outfit very simple, with black faux leather leggings and black patent heels. I don't particularly like the all-black bottom half, but I wanted to keep it muted because of the audacious top half. 

One of my most recent purchases are the sexy Dolce & Gabanna-style sunglasses, which I'm absolutely obsessed with. When I wear them I feel even more Italian than I already am and they give any outfit that rich, elegant edge. I'm experiencing a slight addiction to sunglasses at the moment, especially the  round and cat-eye styles, and H&M currently have a great selection, and very in-expensive, I feel the need to buy them all! 

Jacket- River Island
Necklace- Topshop- Similar here
Leggings-H&M
Sunglasses-H&M

Lips- Dior 999

*Note: I will insert direct links to items where possible, if not then I will direct you to the store where the item was purchased, or supply a similar option.*

Ev :)
~

1 comment: