Thursday 20 March 2014

TREND EXPOSED: THE JELLY SHOE



What you hear is true. The jelly shoes are back and bigger than ever, and I'm trying to contain my excitement, but I can't! I had to write a post on these beauties, although they are a very love or hate trend they can be found in every single shop for Spring/Summer, because lets face it, who doesn't want sparkling jelly magic under their toes? They definitely remind me of my childhood as I used to live in these things-mainly the glittery fabulous kind, and seeing them everywhere has brought back such fond memories. I'm seriously excited to get myself a pair, (preferably heeled because I'm short) and rock them with pastel socks, pretty lace socks or just bare feet in summer. 

I found a varied selection from a few high street and online shops and I won't lie- I want them all. These are the kind of spring shoe that you can grab in a few different colors because they're so very versatile, can add a pop to any outfit and are very inexpensive. I must say that my favorites have to be  numbers '5',6'&'7' from the River Island collection, I love the glittery ones as well as the more simplistic transparent style which has a more sophisticated edge plus they have that chunky block heel that I always go for.  

Topshop's Jelly Satchel- £34 


Topshop are embracing the jelly trend head on, considering they have a huge selection of jelly sandals as well as these amazing jelly satchels (that I must get my hands on). I've loved the 'transparent'/'perspex' trend for so long and I really wanted one of the boxy perspex clutches that everyone seems to have, but I think I've found the most practical alternative. This satchel is cute, on trend-obviously and practical for everyday use. It is a great piece for those who are not daring enough for a pair of bright jelly sandals but want to channel those bright summer vibes.  




Details of the shoes featured in my collage:

1. Topshop- HUEY2 Jelly Sandals- £20
2. Topshop- NINA Heeled Jelly Sandals- £26
3. Topshop- NINA Heeled Jelly Sandals-£26
4. Topshop- NINA Jelly Sandals- £24
5. River Island- Pink Glitter Block Heel- £18
6. River Island- Green Glitter Block Heel- £18
7. River Island- Black Transparent Block Heel- £22
8. River Island- Coral Block Heel- £18
9. Missguided.co.uk- Paquita Cut Out in Leopard Print- £11.99
10.Missguided.co.uk- Paquita Cut Out In Neon Yellow- £11.99
11.Boohoo.com- Nude Tilly Flat Fisherman- £10 
12.Boohoo.com- Lilac Tilly Flat Fisherman- £10
13.Topshop- NINA Heeled Jelly Sandals- £26
14.Topshop- HUEY2 Jelly Sandals- £20

~

No comments:

Post a Comment