Thursday 13 March 2014

OOTD: FOREST FRUITS









 I feel like this outfit epitomizes my personal style: aspects of elegance mixed with a retro touch and a dash of urban expression. I based the outfit upon  these stunning burgundy leather trousers from River Island. I chose a simple blouse in a lighter raspberry shade, so that it would give a definite sense of cohesion hence the forest fruits color palette.  I also chose a deep berry shade lipstick (Kate Moss for Rimmel, it's amazing and I love it) to compliment the look. 

I purchased the two-toned blouse from Primark, as well as the geometric chain necklace, and I think these are two of my best buys from Primark..ever. Like most people, I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Primark because sometimes you can go in and look through the piles of 'fash trash' for hours and leave with nothing but a 5-pack of tights, and other times you can go in and find some seriously in-expensive, yet unique and beautiful pieces. The way I look at it, although I like to buy the more simple pieces from there, if you spend a few pounds on something that you're only going to wear a couple of times, it doesn't even matter because its so cheap! Having said that most things (pyjamas, sweaters, tights, socks, t-shirts), in my experience remain in surprisingly great condition.  I'm truly chuffed with these two new pieces! 

To complete the look, a silk bomber with a stunning botanical/oriental print, and my white high-top wedges, both from Zara, and for my retro edge a silk scarf used as a hair wrap. 


Leather Trousers- River Island
Blouse- Primark 
Necklace- Primark
Silk Bomber Jacket- Zara
Trainer Wedges- Zara
Silk Headscarf- La Rinascente (Italian store) 

Lips- Kate Moss for Rimmel shade 107

~

No comments:

Post a Comment