Monday 3 March 2014

MONTHLY MUST-HAVES: FEBRUARY

There aren't a lot of monthly favorites on my list for February as I haven't been trying out many new products, or shopping in general, but I have a few bits which I've really been loving, so I thought I'd share them!


   1. Colorama/Risque Nail Varnish

I was very kindly given this wonderful selection of varnishes by my cousin from Brazil (she has her own travel blog - www.vevoyageuk.wordpress.com- check it out). I have never seen this brand of varnish over here in the UK, and I'm not entirely sure that it exists here, however they can probably be found online somewhere, if I find a link I will put it below. Its definitely worth looking for them because they have bright exotic colors as well as the more neutral tones, not only this but they are very durable. 

The only down side, which my cousin actually pointed out, is that the brushes aren't great. The bristles haven't been aligned very well, which makes it hard to get the perfect straight line. Having said this, as you'll see below, each time I've used the varnishes my nails have turned out perfectly well- even if they needed a little clean up around the edges. Its a very minor flaw. 

I have used the metallic black, the berry red and am currently sporting the vintage sage green shade. Mine have lasted approximately 2 weeks almost chip-free. Generally I use a base and top coat just to ensure the durability. I can't wait to try out some of the more eye-popping shades for spring as I do love my colors! 





           2. The Little Black Book Of Style By Nina Garcia 

I purchased this book a while back, but it's one of those timeless reads that I will always go back to every few months. Nina Garcia has written a selection of style related books which are available on +Amazon.co.uk or +eBay I'm sure. 

The Little Black Book of Style encapsulates everything one would need to know about style in it's 144 wittily written pages. Garcia goes through the wardrobe basics, what to wear when, fashion through the decades as well as exclusive interviews with designers (Louboutin, Cavalli, Versace Ralph Lauren, Zac Posen and so many more). 

It's obviously a must read for style addicts but I would even suggest this to those who consider themselves less fashion conscious or those who simply want to educate themselves in this wonderful field.  




                             
                               3. Dior lipstick in shade 999
My love for this product has grown so much over the last few months. Originally I found the color slightly too light for my lips as I tend to go for deeper shades, but I'm so glad I persisted with it and I have good reason to put it onto the monthly favorites list. Many good reasons actually.... 1.- It moisturizes the lips and doesn't leave them feeling dry and cracked. 2.- It lasts for hours on end, doesn't rub off or come loose on the lips. 3. The texture is perfect (butter like)- not too heavy yet not too light. 4. It contains the right amount of pigmentation which can be built up with several coats. 5. Its Dior. 

I know it's on the pricey side, but that is to be expected. Its definitely worth investing in a few good quality lipsticks. The differences between a such like product and something on the cheaper end of the cosmetics market is clear and I'm definitely reaping the rewards from using a lovely quality lipstick. 








4. Batiste dry shampoo
I don't have a great deal to say about this one, but it is a definite must-have. This is a sample that I picked up and I have had quite a lot of use from this tiny spray. Its perfect for those bad hair days when I don't have time to wash this nest of hair, but I want it to feel fresh. 

The con is that although it is supposedly tinted brown, the spray comes out more grey/white than brown, which can leave me looking a lot older than I am! This annoying whiteish color can be brushed out though, so I guess it's not too bad. 

It's a useful product that everyone should own in their beauty cupboard. 


~

No comments:

Post a Comment