Monday 17 March 2014

OOTD: KING TUTANKHAMUN








(Just to clarify, in this picture, a pigeon flew dangerously close to my face. I. Hate. Pigeons.It's more of a phobia actually..anyway, irrelevant.)  

I had my eye on this sweater for a while, and because I enjoyed wearing my 'The Birth of Venus' one so much (see first ever OOTD) I decided to snap this one up too. It was relatively cheap, about £15 I believe, from Sheinside and I know for that price I shouldn't really complain, but the quality is a world away from 'The Birth of Venus' sweater that I purchased from Romwe, perhaps understandable as I paid around £26 for that; it washed well, the colors are amazingly vibrant and it has this fleece-type lining inside. The 'Tutankhamun' print is nice, somewhat garish- but that's me! If you want a good, sturdy, nice quality print sweat that will keep you warm too, then check out Romwe.com 

Now, I'm not really a fan of shorts in winter because the thought of freezing knees and butt cheeks brings tears to my eyes, but, it was relatively warm today, so I bit the bullet and tried it. The reason I went with shorts, is actually because I tried the sweatshirt with various trouser combinations, but nothing seemed to be working...perhaps its the boxy style of the sweater. 

To brighten things up, I went with a white blouse and white belt for once (rather than black, black, black all the time), and I like the way it broke up the darker shades. Shoes-wise, my trusty Doc Marten Serena's, with a simple necklace not to interfere with the awesomely dazzling face of Tutankhamun.  

Printed Sweatshirt- Sheinside.com 
Moto Denim Shorts- Topshop.com 
White Collared Blouse- Primark (primark.com - you can't shop but you can see what's new in, bloggers picks etc.)
Gold Chain Necklace, Tights and Socks- Primark
White Belt- H&M
Dr. Marten Serena Boots- Find them here 

Lips- Kate Moss for Rimmel shade 107 
Nails( featured in 'Feb. Monthly Must-Haves')- Colorama Coral 

~


1 comment: