Saturday 5 April 2014

OOTD: PRIMARY COLORS










Another very true-to-my-style outfit, although I think my personal style combines a mixture of various styles, my retro-urban influence is clear here. For me, the piece de resistance is this stunning and unique floral shirt. I spotted it in a charity shop window (I don't often shop in charity shops, but sometimes you can be surprised in a good way), and I was instantly drawn to the elegant collar and bold vintage floral print. I only paid £5.99 for this awesome piece, and although it's a meager contribution to the charity +Oxfam GB  , I felt far more fulfilled after buying it than I do after spending a jaw-dropping amount on a high street jacket. 

To contradict with the dainty air of the blouse, I spruced things up with this combination wool-leather varsity jacket from Zara and quilted faux leather skirt. I grabbed this skirt when I saw it on the sale rail in Primark, because the price was something ridiculous like £3, and I knew I'd be able to style it year-round and I certainly don't think it looks cheap at all.

I guess by teaming the varsity jacket with the high-top trainers, I gave the outfit a somewhat sporty edge, alongside one of my all-time favorite bags. I purchased this backpack in the Aldo sale about a year ago, and I was skeptical because I didn't want it to look plastic/synthetic or tacky, but when it arrived in the post, I could not have been more pleased- it's well-made, very sturdy and a slightly cheaper alternative to a high-end leather backpack. I would say that, usually with Aldo, quality is guaranteed, so I've listed an alternative below to my backpack, which is equally as lovely, and very versatile. 


Floral Shirt- Oxfam 
Quilted Skirt-Primark 
Chain Triangle Necklace- Primark 
Leather Varsity Jacket-  Zara
High-top Wedge Trainers- Zara 
Sunglasses - H&M
Backpack- Aldo (alternative) 
Earings- Topshop

Lips- Kate Moss for Rimmel Shade 107

~


1 comment: