Sunday 13 April 2014

LOU LOU'S VINTAGE FAIR & ICE-CREAM SUNDAE OOTD


As soon as I found out Lou Lou's Vintage Fair was returning to Brighton this year, I scheduled the date in my diary and I'm so glad I did. I adore vintage clothing and love channeling the retro look, so walking around a hall full of rails of distressed denim jackets, flannel shirts and floral blouses, was heavenly for me.

As weird as it sounds, peoples old crap excites me. I love the history within certain pieces, and the fact that no-one else has something like it. I often feel as though I've been born into the wrong era, from clothes and style to music, art and social attitudes, to me it seems that everything was sassier back in the 50's...

The fair showcases a variety of clothing from 40's military jackets, to 50's skirts, 60's dresses, bedazzling sequined pieces from the 80's and  90's urban grunge shorts and jackets. There was such a mix of unique yet bargainous items and for any vintage lover or style enthusiast its a great atmosphere to be in. 
























 















I ended up buying a few amazing pieces, all of which I'm extremely pleased with. A lovely floral blouse, some retro shades and a bit of Chanel here and there...I desire nothing more from life. 

If you get a chance to catch Lou Lou's Vintage fair near you, its definitely worth it, and for £2 entry you may as well, even to peruse or immerse yourself in a bit of vintage culture. 



OOTD: ICE-CREAM SUNDAE 












So, it seems to be 'take two' for Primark's quilted black skirt here, I'm finding it so versatile, and I loved it with the rest of the outfit, so that's that.  Whilst on the subject of good old Primani, let us all take a moment of appreciation for my two-toned pastel clutch which I grabbed at an absolute steal for £4...yes, its no typo...£4. Within seconds of setting my eyes on it, I threw it in my basket, because I just think it's looks so classy, like something American Apparel would stock, but at a fraction of the price. It's a must-have for this season.  Whilst I was at it, I picked up this pale pink paneled mesh top, and I knew it would look perfect styled with the clutch. I like the T-shirt finish of the top and seeing as the 'sheer' trend is huge for spring/summer I thought, why not.


Quilted Black Skirt, Pink Sheer Top & Two-tone Clutch- Primark
Gold Chain Necklace- Topshop
Platform Converse- Asos (Similar here)

Watch- Fossil

Lips- Dior 999

~











No comments:

Post a Comment