Thursday 12 June 2014

OOTD: PEACHY

It's been a long old while (an extremely long while) since I last did an OOTD, but the time has finally come. As most people, I've been hella busy with my last few months of college (high-school) but I've finally finished my exams and rinsed my hands of school altogether. RELIEF.HAPPINESS. FREEDOM, blah blah  blah. However one must look for opportunities in all situations and I'm super excited because this means that I can dedicate a lot more time to my true loves- fashion, blogging, styling, the list goes on. 

Seeing as I've had more time to work and earn, my bank balance has been 'yo-yoing'  noticeably because I've been (over) investing in various fabulous spring/summer finds which the high-street seems to we writhing in at the moment. Without further a due here's a springy outfit for a lovely June afternoon.  











Let us join together in a moment of utter appreciation for the recent British weather...where I was able to enjoy a good old Pimms outside a pub in town...
Moments over. 

First and foremost, the piece de ressistance; the cut-out floral playsuit from River Island. I picked up this bomb of a piece quite a few months ago, but not until now have I been able to wear it confidently and comfortably with bare legs, without my butt cheeks freezing to the silky fabric. I love the busyness of the monochrome print contrasted with the bold peachy colored jacket from Zara (that I actually did a blog post  on). This coral/peach is the one and only color for this season and I'm so glad I picked it up. It's light-weight, chic and very weather-appropriate, because it literally goes with everything and anything from nights out to picnics in the park. A must in my opinion. And as for the playsuit, so unique and different in terms of the print and the beautiful cut out detail. 

Now I know the socks and sandals trend is massively love/hate, but I'm one of those freaks who adores it. Up until now I would observe in horror as tourists patrolled the city with their beige socks and brown sandals, but who knew we'd be looking in granddad's closet for Summer '14 fashion trends? I for one am pleasantly surprised, many may beg to differ, but I've said it before and I'll say it again; wear whatever the hell you want. Irrespective of if your mum thinks its 'too short' or your friends think its 'weird', Iv'e never been one to give two shits of others' opinions and the socks and sandals trend is one I shall sport with great pride.

Jewelry wise, I kept things very simple because of the detailed collar of the playsuit but also because the weather is hot, and it's not particularly comfortable to have heavy chains hanging everywhere, but of course a simple coral belt because I like things in my life to match. 

Floral Print Playsuit- River Island
Chunky Black Sandals- Shoebou.com
Backpack- Aldo

Chanel Earrings- Brighton Vintage Fair 
Pink Lace Socks- Bershka
Round Lens Retro Shades-Similar here  
Gold Band Rings- H&M

Lips- Kate Moss for Rimmel
Nails- Rita Ora for Rimmel shade 203 


1 comment: