Friday 20 June 2014

OOTD: KEY LIME PIE

This Outfit Of The Day pretty much encapsulates most of my associations with summer; lemon, lime and citrussy shades with a crisp pop of monochrome, a huge lack of sleeves and a tourist-inspired backpack. 









 Lime (as well as coral) is one of my must-wear colors for summer, I adore it. I feel like it's bold and zesty whilst complimenting my skin tone, and only gets better with a tan. I initially picked up this color block striped skirt from Missguided.co.uk because I don't really have anything of the sort, plus its that scuba-esque fabric that everyone and their mother seems to be talking about and I imagined it being quite versatile too, so I snapped it up. It's high-waisted and the hem cuts just below the knee which I think is a massively flattering style for all body shapes, as it can be worn with something over the top, or with a cute crop to show the waistline.  
A couple of weeks later I was back on the site (as most clothes addicts would be) and I was so drawn to this light-knit  sweater vest, and instantly I was imagining endless outfit possibilities incorporating this neon beauty. So that was that. It's not the best thing to wear on a scorching hot day because of the fabric but for a warm but breezy day its perfect, or even in winter months with a nice blouse underneath... the possibilities are endless.  

I was hugely influenced by the block colors, sharp shapes and tailored lines featured in Christopher Kane's (I love his work) Spring/Summer 2015 collection- in fashion we must always look ahead I've learnt. 

I had seen a few bloggers haul this beauteous little backpack from Primark, and I finally got my hands on it, and of course it was £8 well spent. I love how chic it looks, the size is perfect- it fits a lot of my stuff inside and to me it certainly doesn't look like good old Primani- which is always a bonus- no one wants a cheap looking bag. It's the perfect addition to my backpack collection. Otherwise, fairly simple with jewelry, but both the skirt and top have the ability to be dressed up with a stunning statement necklace, perhaps even an orange or turquoise shade to add to completely juxtapose the lime..? The great thing with simple pieces is that they have a huge spectrum of potential for exploration and transformation. 

Strangely in Brighton we've had more great weather this week so what better opportunity to meet up with my lovely friends that I don't see enough of....


.


Belt- H&M
Backpack, Necklace & Socks- Primark 
Sunglasses- Brighton Vintage Fair 

Watch- Fossil
Lips- Kate Moss x Rimmel Shade 107 


Enjoy your summer!
Ev x
~  

No comments:

Post a Comment