Monday 6 January 2014

OOTD: TARTAN PUNK


MOSCHINO  A/W 2013

In keeping with the season, I have opted for my own, very-highstreet version of the striking Autumn/Winter '13 Collection by Moschino. I am a huge lover of tartan,its the perfect and most classic winter print, there are both delicate and subtle prints or the more bold and garish ones...I love them all! I love the way Moschino has taken such a traditional British (originally Scottish) design, and turned it into something fierce and au courant. The mix of the typical red tonal print with various embellished accessories as well as very structured and form-fitting jackets with leather details create the perfect contrast and showcases Moschino's classic streak of Italian elegance at its finest. 

I have styled a less traditionally printed pinafore dress, with red leather, black fur and patent boots. Inspired by Moschino, I have mixed up different textures, for a more unique take on the tartan trend. Under the pinafore i am wearing a plain black polo neck top with very thick tights and socks, and over the top a red faux leather biker jacket. Tied together with gold accessories and a matching headscarf (which was originally the part of the  of the pinafore, but I had the dress shortened and so I used the off-cut as a scarf). The repeated print throughout the outfit creates a lovely sense of fluency, and i will certainly be wearing more co-coordinating outfits. 

I must take a moment to mention how wonderfully-amazing these patent boots from River Island are. Not only do they look great- they can be worn with pretty much everything, but they are made well and as a result are so, so, so comfortable.  I can wear them for hours on end, plus they can be worn casual or with a more put-together outfit. They add a different dimension...Definitely a worthwhile purchase. 


 





Pinafore- +River Island 
Red biker jacket- +River Island 
Gold chain- +Topshop 
Letter 'E' earings- Primark 
Black cropped polo top- Primark
Belt- +H&M 
Black faux fur scarf- Debenhams (old) 

No comments:

Post a Comment