Thursday 16 January 2014

OOTD: EARTHY TONES








The focal point of this outfit is this unusual printed dress from monki.co.uk- I was drawn to the piece instantly because of the warm autumnal colors as well as the very abstract print. The print features a mixture of fruits, leaves and body parts as well as the heads of horses...so bizarre yet so intriguing! It was a curious purchase, and perhaps different to something I would normally go for but I think Weird and Wonderful is the correct term. In winter I'm constantly layering my outfits so under the dress I wore a pale peach blouse- it also brought out the neutral tones in the print. Jewelry wise I went extremely simple with my usual gold hoops and a very ethnic-looking Buddha necklace- (which was gifted to me from a market in France)  the jade stone matched the leaves in the dress and completed the rustic and organic sense to the outfit entirely.  

Over the top (because the dress is made of a thinner fabric) I wore my sheepskin-style coat from Topshop. It was priced at the upper end of high-street prices, but understandably- It is incredibly thick and is also lined with a grey cotton fabric, which actually makes it hard to wear thicker jumpers etc. but is obviously very, very warm. 

On my nails I'm wearing Downtown Red by Maybelline - Color Show Collection. This polish is averagely priced for a drug store product and I was actually rather surprised after my first time using it. The color (a stunning deep, winter red) is highly pigmented and the perfect consistency- it only need about 2 coats for the perfect coverage. It lasts longer than your ordinary polish- well over a few weeks- and I would highly recommend  the product- it also leaves a smooth glossy finish.


Printed Dress- www.monki.co.uk
Belt- +H&M 
Pastel Peach Shirt- +H&M 
Boots- +River Island 
Coat- +Topshop 
Lips- Hazard by +Topshop 
Nails- Downtown Red +Maybelline UK 


No comments:

Post a Comment