Friday 1 August 2014

THE ROMWE COMPETITION

Last week I was approached  by the Asian clothing company Romwe.com with the challenge of styling the 'Venus Sweatshirt' which I purchased quite a few months back. I originally styled it here, for my very first OOTD.  I opened the e-mail on the bus and I was overwhelmed with excitement because it meant that if my photos were approved, I could have been featured on their homepage, which would have been an awesome opportunity for myself and my dear little blog. 

A long story short, my photos were not chosen to be featured on their site, which I won't lie, was hugely disappointing because I stupidly got my hopes too high, when there were probably hundreds of competitors. I did however follow their styling guides (style with denim shorts or a skirt), which I did, despite the fact I would never style the thick sweat with such like shorts, so I guess in that respect I wasn't completely true to my style. I tired to set my pictures apart with a somewhat opulent tone opting for gold accessories, a collared shirt and a very put-together looking satchel-focusing on the very on trend hue of baby blue. I even shaved my legs. Surely that deserves some kind of reward?

Even though my efforts amounted to little, here are a couple of shots for my blog viewers (all six of you!)...just kidding, Iv'e surpassed 6,650 views which is an amazing achievement, but still no darn followers, so spread the word! Jokes aside, I've mentioned the great quality of the Venus Sweatshirt many times, It's a wonderful fabric and the print is lavishly pigmented plus it's just so unique and at a great price point.


If you're not a fan of the sweat, there is an entire 'Venus' collection where the print features on a phone case, dress, t-shirt, vest, swimsuit etc. so eat your hearts out Botticelli fans!








Polka dot Collared Shirt- Primark
Gold Chanel Earings- Lou Lou's Vintage Fair 

~

"You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” 

Stay Strong, 
Love 
Ev

~



No comments:

Post a Comment