Wednesday 21 May 2014

TREND EXPOSED: MATCHY MATCHY

The time has finally come where I have been able to write a new post. Not only have I been insanely busy with work as well as trying to get through my final A-level exam, but I've been slightly un-inspired on the blog front which is bizarre for me. Anyway, I'm back with one of my favorite trends/ styles ever, and it's the co-ord craze. 


I never used to be too crazy about matching my clothes because I felt it looked a bit try-hard, but as the years went by and it became seemingly obvious that high end catwalks are all about the matchy matchy I feel it's time to celebrate it. I can't get enough of the elegance and chic air a matching two-piece suit can give off  and it seems to exude a  very put-together look. 

Another wonderful thing about these matching two-pieces (that seem to be popping up in just about every high-street store) is not only the versatility- great dressed down with sandals and a floppy hat or up with heels and a clutch, but the fluidity they create, making it a suitable trend for so many body shapes and  heights. Lets not forget that pieces can be worn separately or mixed and matched, which is another great pro, proving that one set can have so much use.

I picked out a few matching sets, that can give that chic look at a really affordable price. They range from bold and ditsy prints to plain and crisp for those less daring/ more in to classic styles but this is an absolutely massive trend for the season and no wardrobe is complete without a chic little co-ord set. Credit cards at the ready...

1. Elephant Print Jacket & Shorts- Asos 
2. Monochrome Symmetry Set - Motel Rocks-(Check out all their Coordinates
3.Black Daisy Print Coat & Shorts - River Island 
4.Powder Blue Set- Sheinside.com
6.White Vinatage Floral Set- Sheinside.com 
7.Watermelon Set- Gfdstore.com 


~High-end co-ord-spiration~


Dolce & Gabbana Spring/Summer 2012


This collection came out and I fell in love. It's that simple. Yes, D&G are one of my all time favorites, alongside McMueen, Chanel etc. but this zesty collection encapsulated the vivacious Mediterranean lifestyle beautifully. Everything is perfect from the simple structures to the bold prints and rich colors, if only there was a student-friendly price tag. Designers have always featured cohesion within collections and fluidity within garments but to me, this is the ultimate co-ord-spiration. And of course the matchy 'trend' (more like a style rule of life) stands the test of time because it is so classy, versatile, timeless and really does give the impression that the wearer knows a thing or two about style.

 (Left to right: JW Anderson S/S '12, Michael Kors S/S '14, Chanel S/S '14)
  


Enjoy the matchy matchy!

Love Ev :)

1 comment: