Sunday 2 February 2014

MONTHLY MUST-HAVES: JANUARY

I have decided to create a new feature on the blog entitled 'Monthly Must-Haves'- just to spice things up a little and add something different. Below are a mixture things I've been loving throughout January...enjoy and let me know what you think of the new feature! 


1. First things first: VOGUE- The Fashion Bible (in my eyes). I don't always purchase Vogue because it is on the pricey side, but I got it this month because it came with 'The Catwalk Edit' - featuring all designers, trends and styles for the upcoming Spring/Summer season. Not only this, but in general the main magazine is beautifully written and includes an array of features- mainly fashion but also lifestyle. A definite must-have for style lovers. 


2. Nivea Daily Essentials Refreshing Cleansing Lotion 
This has been my absolute favorite beauty product this month. It is a skin cleansing cream, which I use to remove make-up and impurities, and I have good reason to love this product.

 It is so soft and gentle on the skin, leaving it feeling completely moisturized and fresh. It is suitable for most skin types (my mum uses it sometimes-and also loves it), there is also another version of the product which is a 2 in 1- Cleanser and Toner. I have sensitive skin and I have tried both and have found them to be absolutely fine against my skin. 

Another reason I find this lotion so useful is that it is a much easier alternative to make up wipes and much more delicate on the skin. I would recommend this product 100% to anyone with either oily or dry skin whether you use make up or not. It moisturizes the skin whilst removing oil, dirt and all that jazz. 







3. Maybelline Color Show Varnish 
This is another product I have been using non-stop this month and I have talked about  it briefly in the 'Earthy Tones' Outfit of The Day. As mentioned previously one of the best qualities of the varnish is that it is so durable- it lasts at least 10 days with no chips- for me anyway. It is also highly pigmented, therefore only needs a maximum of 2 coats to get a bright, intense and glossy finish. 

Another pro of the product is the price, I think I paid about £3 for each- which is why I was so surprised at the quality of the product. Topshop's Nail Varnishes (which I also love) cost double the price and are less durable and less pigmented, even though they have the most dazzling array of colors. 

I have found it so useful because I don't always have time to change my nail color every few days, so this is perfect. I originally purchased the shade 352- Downtown Red, which I had so much use out of so I decided to get a different shade- 341- Orange Attack. Both shades are suitable for the winter months, but i will certainly be using the orange in the summer months too.






4. Lipstick by Topshop in Hazard 
This has been my go-to lipstick throughout autumn and winter (and is featured in almost all my OOTD'S). 

The lipstick itself needs a good few coats to get that bold pigmented red shade that I look for, the only own side is that it's not the most moisturizing product and can leave the lips slightly dry. I usually apply lip butter before applying the lipstick to ensure a smoother finish. 

Topshop's selection of lipsticks, lip bullets and glosses is great and I look forward to purchasing a few more of these lovely lipsticks in some summery shades. 



The lip butter I use is the Coco Butter Formula by Palmer's. 




5. Perfume by Christina Aguilera 
I'm not one for celebrity perfumes, I prefer the more classic scents...BUT...there is always an exception. I have used it somewhat sparingly because its so lovely. The scent is very fresh and almost spring-like which is why I really like it. It gives that dull winter morning a sweet, sexy, springy kick. I definitely recommend it to those who aren't keen on very sweet perfumes because it has the perfect balance of sensuality and sweetness- which isn't over-powering in the slightest. 



6. Dr. Marten's Serena Boots
I. LOVE. THESE. BOOTS. There's not much else to say. They're the perfect winter boot, definitely my most-worn shoe this month, because it has been ridiculously cold and the boots are ridiculously warm. I'm not quite sure how to explain it but the closest description I can generate is that of walking on clouds. 

I would recommend the Serena's because they have this shearling lining on the inside and there is no way your feet can get cold...ever. They're not cheap, because they're beautifully made- like all Doc's are, and I saved for a while for these babies, but I am so glad I did. 







Boots- www.office.co.uk 


7. Shearling  Coat by Topshop 
Last but not least is my sheepskin-style coat from Topshop. The coat has featured in the 'Earthy Tones' OOTD, but this has been my go-to coat this month. It's like wearing a giant rug and it is very heavy- I won't be able to wear it after about February/March- but it has certainly enabled me to survive the winter months. 


Coat- +Topshop  

~

No comments:

Post a Comment