Sunday 25 October 2015

URBAN ESPRIT








 The 90's is one of my favourite eras for style inspiration, it just reminds me of my childhood; denim dungarees, knitted bright coloured roll necks, cute little sneakers and a lot of sportswear influences (caps, baseball bombers, raglan tees....) and I basically love channeling this look. I think they key to bringing the 90's to your outfit is to incorporate key seasonal colours and pieces whilst perhaps selecting one item very true to the 90's like the mom jeans. 

For the majority if the week, I'm on and off the train and doing a lot of walking to university and back, so it's predominantly about comfort and practicality whilst obviously being sassy at the same time. Now is the perfect time to bust out all your favourite autumn pieces in those beautiful shades of rust, khaki, camel, burgundy, orange...For a while now I've been stocking up on really simple and classic pieces i.e. basics. I used to gravitate towards bright, bold and flamboyantly printed pieces but when it came to actually styling them together it was a bit challenging. When you have a capsule or collection of pieces that can be interchanged and work well with each other, life is such a breeze because you can really easily attain a very classic look and throw an outfit together in 5 minutes. 

I'd suggest stocking up for the season with a few roll necks in various colours, a statement jacket and/or a simple versatile coat that can be worn everyday, a good pair of leather boots/ trainers for the casual days, a corduroy item- perhaps a skirt or pinafore and maybe a couple of chunky knit sweaters that you can rotate with. Once you have your little capsule collection you can start thinking about incorporating a few more statement pieces like a printed blouse or leather-look trousers to spice it up. Autumn/Winter is all about the mixing of texture and tones, for me, but my top tip would definitely be to INVEST IN THE BASICS. I will perhaps look at dedicating a post entirely on my staples for the season as I will be able to go into more detail and feature pieces I find. Please Let me know if you'd be interested in this, because perhaps some lack a little knowledge and inspiration to execute successful seasonal dressing.

Ev
~

No comments:

Post a Comment