Saturday 10 October 2015

AN ODE TO AUTUMN














Lips- Beguiled by Topshop (similar here)

This perfectly autumnal outfit is from my birthday on the 8th. I'm now 20- I don't know how this all happened but I'm like an actual adult now.... I know the last outfit was too long ago for my liking but life has changed an immense amount. I am now at University studying fashion design and really enjoying it, so life has been extremely busy but in a good way. I've hauled a load of new and beautiful new season pieces but just struggle finding the time to photograph and post, it would be such a waste not to share these stunning items. 

Autumn/ fall is my favourite season, I can't go on about it enough because everything this time of year is just blissful; fashion, food, decor, the crisp weather and the orange and brown leaves- oh my god the leaves! I feel like everything this time of year is just so indulgent. You have to love a bit of affluence in the name of style and as usual the high street's ode to the opulence of winter fashion is incredible this season- it must be said. I could go on about Autumn for pages but I'll get straight into the outfit details.  My style is definitely evolving, I'm drawn to simplistic pieces and neutral tones far more than I used to be, which is definitely not a bad thing. 

This throw-over sleeveless camel piece is ideal for this time of year when it can be really cold in the morning and heat up by the afternoon- and obviously completely satisfies my camel craving in every way. I love that it can be layered too, so for the colder days you could throw a chunky knit jumper underneath. Also from Missguided, I found this perfectly versatile bandage style asymmetrical wrap skirt, which comes in a huge selection of colours but of course I chose camel, but would definitely pick up another colour because it can be worn out or casual, it's the perfect fit and length which is really rare for me to find in a skirt. Also it's completely affordable at £15 and students receive 25% off at the moment, making it even more appealing- well done Misguided! (no, I'm not even sponsored). This block print top will probably be one of my most worn pieces because it goes with everything, the fit is perfection. It has a slight 'mock neck' and half sleeves which look very regal and just seems far more expensive than it was- another excellent staple piece. 

Autumn and Winter is when we can completely loose our shit in terms of beautiful accessories. Faux fur, thick scarves, leather belts bags and boots, croc skin, dark tones, yes, yes, yes. I cannot enunciate how insanely beautiful this stole is from Zara. Go on the site. Order it. Thank me later. My boots are more of an investment but completely justifiable because I love a pointed toe, they're 100% leather and probably the sassiest looking boot that you don't have to sell your car to buy. I would perhaps suggest sizing down because the style makes the boot slightly longer than your average winter boot- it's quite elongated. 

Yep, I love fall. I will hopefully be posting a lot more now that I'm settling in to this new lifestyle so as always stay tuned!

Ev
~

No comments:

Post a Comment