Wednesday 4 February 2015

OOTD: RETRO BLUSH











I've worn versions of this outfit a few times just because I love the textural contrast as well as the mix of colour, pattern and print. This fluffy blush coloured  top is probably one of the most exciting pieces in my entire wardrobe. I snapped it up at the start of the autumnal season where I saw it delicately hung on a fixture by the door in H&M, I just had to have it. It would have been so rude of me not to purchase it, it was everything I love; fluffy, pink softness with a T-shirt style boxy shape and a gold zip up the back as well as the most wonderful silk-like lining on the inside. My heart broke a little when I returned to H&M a few weeks ago and saw a two looking sad on the sale rail, yes, they were reduced to £15, no, I don't know why I didn't pick up the teddy bear shade too. I guess the point I'm trying to make is, if you see it, buy it because it's such a different piece to have for this chilly season, but at the same time can be so adaptable and styled so diversely. I can't get enough of it, I should probably wear it more often, but it's something I imagine myself wearing next autumn/winter and the following etc.- I believe the word is timeless...

With regards to the rest of the outfit I subconsciously embarked upon a very retro route, keeping this monochrome palette at the forefront and the touch of blush as an ode to my love of powdery, pastel shades. I guess my 'big thing' for this outfit are my new, very retro, monochrome creepers. To say that I had wanted these for the longest time is an understatement, but I finally decided that I deserved a pair of £80 creepers due to my love of all thing retro inspired and my hard work these past few months. I think they add a very tailored, put-together tone to an outfit, they're well made, worth the money and very much an investment piece. I'm finding myself wanting them in all colours. Oh dear. I will throw it out there though- Tukshoes have a huge sale on at the moment, just saying...

My very 80's inspired bomber has proven to be one of the most timeless pieces also, as it's light enough for spring but heavy enough that I wore it this time of year (layered obviously). I think I purchased it some 3 years ago and it cost about £40 at the time, but I feel money spent in Zara can always be justified with the quality and longevity of their product. If you're looking for a bomber style baseball jacket then definitely check out retro stores like Beyond Retro or We Are Cow, who both carry wonderful varieties and selections of authentically vintage pieces. 

Wingtip Brogue Creeper- Tukshoes

Fluffy Blush Pink Top- H&M

White Cropped Shirt- Missguided
Monochrome Patterned Trouser- New Look (Similar)
Black Velvet Ruby Gem Turban - New Look
Retro Style Leather Bomber Jacket - Zara (Similar Here)
Black Backpack - Zara (Similar Here)
Round Lens Sunglasses-Vintage Fair (Similar Here)

Look forward to a lot more posts because I have a fair few in the pipeline, but as we all know life can get a little cray cray and I haven't been posting as often as I'd like, so bear with me as I have exciting things to come!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment