Saturday 7 February 2015

MY FEBRUARY LOVE LIST



This time last year I created my first ever love list, and I think it's one of my favourite posts to create because like most women into fashion/lifestyle there are so many things that I lust after and even though I know it is perhaps unrealistic to think that I will eventually purchase everything on my love list, I look at it more as a mood or inspiration board for the month. 

I was tempted to completely ignore the fact that it is Valentines day soon because in reality, to me it doesn't mean much, I guess I just like all the little novelties, but that's about as far as it goes for me. When I was younger my mum would always give my brother and I a small novelty gift like a fluffy bear clutching a rose, and I guess the aspect of appreciating the love of ones friends and family is a nice idea... I think the majority of us often loose sight of the important things that surround us. I once read a post saying "You don't have a valentine on valentines day? Some of us don't have a mother on mothers day." I get that for many people it is important to have that special person in their life but I think we need to remember that if we don't, it's definitely not the be all and end all. 

... and who's to say that we can't treat ourselves to a beautiful bag, you should always love yourself first, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment