Thursday 8 January 2015

MINI LUSH HAUL


As far as I know the majority of the products featured on this post are exclusively seasonal, meaning these are  from the autumn/winter collection at Lush, so it's possible that they are no longer in stock, but I figured it would be such a waste not to blog them, they're just too pretty! Perhaps you could use it as a reference for next years Christmas gifts, ideas for treating yourself, or even if you're just curious about Lush products and fancy having a little read...It's hard to believe but in 19 years I have never tried a Lush product, and I hear so many great reviews, I couldn't help but be so excited when I received these little treats for Christmas. Without further a-due, this was my reaction to some of the products...


Star Light Star Bright is a very unusual scent, and as it's Christmas themed I was expecting warm, cinnamon or maple tones, instead I was so pleasantly surprised. The initial aroma is overwhelmingly fresh, and as the bomb begins to melt these tantalising citrus wafts fill the room, a scent that I can best describe as lemon sherbet or sour candy. I'm pretty fascinated with the glittery exterior and how it seems to stick to everything, it's just very delicate- and almost snow-like. As ridiculous as it sounds, after my bath, I felt so refreshed and invigorated which I think is down to the citrus kick, but it's true I felt optimistic and excited for the spring season! 


Similarly with the Luxury Pud, I was pleasantly surprised. It was refreshing, but less pungent as Star Light. The extracts of lavender oils definitely came through and it gave off much more of a soothing scent in comparison. The thing that got me really excited was the fact that it turned my water pink and glittery. A combination that I love in life is pink and glitter. I felt like a magical unicorn bathing in magical springs beneath a rainbow in a far off land...


I had heard amazing things about the Snow Fairy scent, like really really great reviews, so I was super excited when I opened this and saw the brilliant pink and holographic gift packaging (which let's put it out there- we all love a beautifully wrapped gift- is awesome). I love the way the products are packed, with a leaflet inside etc. I never knew such a thing existed as this bath putty, and to be honest it baffles me because their products are organic as well as vegan, so how the hell can such an awesome creation be so natural?! Anyway, I used the putty last night, which is incredible because it can be used for hair or body- so perhaps ideal for traveling- and like the shower gel it is sickeningly sweet but in a good way. *Note: if you don't like sweet, indulgent scents, this product is not for you.* Both products left my skin feeling squeaky clean and nourished. I absolutely adore the putty especially, and it could make such a cool gift for kids and little ones at bath time but like I said could be very practical for packing in hand luggage for one's travels. 

Let me know what you all think of this very different style of post and/or if you've taken any inspiration or ideas....

Ev 
~

No comments:

Post a Comment