Wednesday 2 July 2014

OOTD: PANSY PRUDENCE










I picked up this wondrous pair of mom jeans in the Topshop sale, and I'd been looking for a pair for a good couple of years now because I'm all about the 90's vibe, so I saw this distressed floral pair and grabbed them. I paid £25 which is a fraction of the price I was originally going to pay and the subtlety of the floral print is perfect because it's not too bold, making the jeans more versatile to style. 

I clearly have an obsession( some might call it an addiction) with printed blouses, and the colors instantly drew me in because I get all kinds of excited when I see lilac things...perhaps its an obsession with pastels then...? I know the clash of florals isn't to everyone's taste but because it's all within a similar bluey/mauve color palette, I feel it works. I'm just really into dressing in accordance to (what I feel is)  a classy monotone style-where I stick to similar colors and  shades within an outfit.

 My pearl broach and lilac cardigan are both vintage and I love that  subtle 50's sense that they contribute to the outfit. Being able to contrast the gungy mom jeans with the blouse, cardigan and broach creates a unique juxtaposition because I just love experimenting with different pieces, styles, eras, blah blah blah...  

Floral Blouse-Primark £8 
White Sandals Asos (Similar Here)

~


No comments:

Post a Comment