Monday 28 March 2016

STEPPING INTO SPRING

Denim Pinafore Dress- New Look Petite (similar herehere & here), Camel Stripe Turtle Neck Top- New LookCamel Slim Pocket Coat- ToyshopMini Velvet Backpack- La Moda, Skinny Belt- Primark, Taupe Suedette Boots- New LookSunglasses- QUAY @ASOS.

I've been itching to get this little denim pinafore dress out the entire winter season but I just haven't been feeling it until now. Maybe its because it was way too cold to be wearing a dress or maybe because I don't like light denim in the colder months...either way I love it so much and will definitely be wearing it more in the upcoming months. We're still not at the point of being able to wear short sleeves here, hence the roll neck and overcoat, but I figured I'd try to get my use out of these 'cooler weather pieces' before spring really kicks in. I'd say its fairly obvious that I'm experiencing an undying love for neutral colours at the moment- especially camel/beige they are just so timeless and classy but can also be very casual at the same time. 

This beauty of a coat has been my little investment for the spring season and needless to say it was worth every penny. I've wanted something like this for a while now and there are similar renditions across the spectrum of the high street but I just feel that the touches of grey on the cuffs and the collar finish it off perfectly and break up the mass of beige- also giving it an interesting detail. It is beautifully made, it's a happy medium between light and medium weight- so ideal for the upcoming season and if I'm really honest, I think £60 is really decent for a piece of this kind. It is available also in Petite-last time I checked, but Topshop are also stocking a range of similar duster style jackets all in beautiful neutral hues (check them out here), all of which are so perfect to throw over the top of a spring ensemble. I feel that everyone needs a staple coat or jacket of this kind because you simply cannot go wrong with this style/shape especially if you go for a very versatile colour, I can guarantee you will wear it non-stop throughout the next few months.

Sending out good vibes to everyone, heres hoping that the rain clouds move aside in every sense,
Ev
~

No comments:

Post a Comment