Sunday 27 December 2015

WRAPPED UP


Down Parka- Zara, Burnt Orange Tartan Shirt- Topshop (available in store) similar herehere & herePETITE Moto Dark Jamie Jeans- Topshop, Bronze Glitter Boots- ASOS- similar here & here, Grey Knit Scarf- Zara- similar here, Black Drawstring Backpack- Victoria's Secret- similar here.

Lips
Lip Liner in BROWN- Primark

Hello people of my blog! It's a couple of days after Christmas now and this is the outfit I wore on Christmas Day- very casual indeed. I hope you all had a lovely few days of holiday  whether you celebrate Christmas or not. I'm going to go right ahead and jump into the outfit details...

As usual my mum asked me what I wanted for Christmas and this year I actually found it really hard to pick out things that I liked. I thought I should go for something practical seeing as I do a lot of walking to and from university and I don't own a hooded coat believe it or not- which is ridiculous because we all know about this British weather. I looked everywhere online and in stores to find something suitable that didn't look like the typical khaki parka...I will cut the 'not quite what I was looking for' Parka story short- I found this beauty. I picked this up before it went into sale (£79.99), now it has been reduced, but it is so classy and well made that I think it is worth every penny. I can't say enough good things about it; it's padded on the inside, the pockets are lined with fleece, the fur on the hood doesn't look like the cheap stuff that you often find on most parkas, it's a lovely olive green with a water resistant finish. What more could you want? 

I've said it before but this season I'm really excited by the more neutral and natural tones so when I saw this burn orangey/brown tartan shirt in Topshop, I put it straight on my wish list. I'm a huge lover of tartan shirts- always have been- as well as the over-sized look. This one is available in quite a few colours in store, but I couldn't find the exact item online at all. It has these lovely long slits from the waist to the hem which gives it a bit of interest compared to your usual plaid shirt. Also I'm fussy with fabrics and its perfectly soft and lightweight so can definitely be layered with a chunky knit jumper as well. The camera hasn't picked up the beauty of these orange tones at all but it just reminds me of autumn and winter and I simply adore orange this season. On the same tonal lines these bronze glitter booties have been sitting in my room for a year now and I just haven't had the chance to wear a bedazzling all-glitter shoe but if you can't wear something like this at Christmas then when can you?

On to jeans. My current favourite go-to style of jeans is the Topshop Jamie jean. These will be my third pair in the space of about 6 months because I just adore how they fit. I picked up this dark navy wash most recently because they can literally be paired with anything. They're so comfortable, they have loopholes for a belt- which I always like- the fabric is very soft and the two pairs I already have, have lasted so well after many many washes. I don't really buy my jeans anywhere else for the simple reason that I have found the perfect ones for me. 

I know this outfit is really really casual but it's kind of the perfect outfit for a cold day. It's simple, comfortable with a bit of glitter for Christmas but you can easily substitute these glittery boots for a nice black or brown leather pair for the remainder of the colder months. I think the key here for me was practicality- definitely an outfit I can wear to university. 
~

No comments:

Post a Comment