Saturday 29 November 2014

OOTD: feat. NEW LOOK A/W '14







 



This outfit encapsulates every association and or connotation I have with autumnal fashion. I shall dive straight in  with the details, and point out the obvious; New Look are doing some amazing things this autumn/winter, hence why the majority of this outfit is comprised of New Look pieces. As much as I love bold colors and bold pieces, I think autumn is the most appropriate time to tone things down color wise but completely spice it up with texture. The bones of this outfit are every woman's basics for the season; the perfect black skinny jeans and a beige/ camel/ caramel/ whatever you want to call a ponced up brown, roll neck top. I guess if you have the bones of a winter wardrobe, it so much easier to add sassy and diverse pieces for a bit of interest. In my opinion, Zara do the high streets best basics- hands down, no contest we all know how I feel about that utopia of a high street store, so why don't we all just stock up on turtle neck tops from there and call it a day?...  

I don't think I've ever featured these jeans on the bloggage which is ridiculous because I have frankly lived in them since I got them in May. Jeans are another particularity that I rarely compromise on and to be really honest Topshop's Joni Jeans do all the right things for me- I don't care if you think my ass looks big in them- I bloody love them and I think they're so flattering. I'm real small and they elongate one's legs without compromising on comfort, I have them in black and blue, and intend on purchasing the aubergine color- I just can't praise them enough (no, I'm definitely not sponsored). 

Anyway, back to my outfit, the cape is a monumental trend this season and understandably so, they suit everybody shape, can be so chic but also casual at the same time but most importantly they are so cozy. I kept the tones all very similar but added some simple touches,  like the belt to cinch in the waistline for a more put-together silhouette and the necklace for a bit of ritziness (after all 'tis the season), and that's pretty much it. I just love autumn/winter because you can layer until your hearts content, whilst mixing denim with fur, leather with suede, lace with a chunky jumper, so on and so forth..


Enjoy the start of the festive season darlings!

Ev
~

No comments:

Post a Comment