Thursday 2 October 2014

OOTD: SEA SALT & MINERALS













I believe this has been the first OOTD in quite a while, but to be really honest the British weather has been ridiculously temperamental- in the morning it will be freezing but by the afternoon it will be 25 degrees c- its madness, considering we're already into October. I'd been dying to wear this lavish, almost retro style dress since before I went away, but I couldn't find the right pieces to style it with. I ended up wearing it as a kimono because I think it looks much more regal rather than belted as a dress, but it's great to have the option of both. I wanted to get a bit of use out of it because I obviously won't be able to wear it in a few weeks when there are icicles hanging from the windows and frost on every pavement, so I did my best to style it with this awkward weather.

I've said this before, and I'll say t again, I'm really not a fan of tights with shorts as I don't think it suits me, but I really struggled styling this outfit, so I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. I adore this sea-green shade and it just so happened that I had a matching satchel identical to the color of the palm leaves and so that worked great for my need to match things! To add a bit more matchy matchy I used the waist tie for the dress as a headscarf- which I think is a really simple but effective touch. 

I guess the piece de resistence in this outfit would be my mirrored RayBan Clubmasters, because lets face it, they're an investment for life, and I'm actually looking forward to starting a little collection. I guess you are slightly limited with these because of the very unmistakable iridescent green, but they're great in the summer months because almost all my clothes are brightly colored, but to really get your moneys worth they can be that pop of color in a monotone outfit for that peek of crisp winter sun that we tend to get in autumn. Personally, I love experimenting with sunglasses because they can completely transform an outfit, in terms of shape and color and these are great because they have quite a gentle frame, in the sense that they suit most face shapes, unlike the cat-eye which can be quite fierce. 
  

Palm Print Dress- Choies.com
Pearl Choker- Miss Selfridge

~




No comments:

Post a Comment